A New Endeavour
In the summer of 2019 we decided to expand our production to include a range of dip pens to go along with our journals.
My dad started studying and experimenting with a new material – wood. We gathered a range of exotic pieces to try out and produce our first collections of pens.
- The wood is cut and sculpted by hand with files, rather than a lathe.
- A silver fitting is designed and executed to adorn and balance the pen.
- The wood is treated with a special selection of natural oils and waxes and some are finished with layers of shellac lacquer.
- The pens can adopt any nib with a standard 5 mm size. Providing choice and comfort to the customer.
- As with our books, each pen is a unique piece of work, never to be replicated.
Materials We Use
- Mahogany Wood
- Ebony Wood
- Bocote Wood
- Iroko Wood
- Sterling Silver
- 14 k Gold
- Precious and Semi-Precious Gemstones
These dip pens are the perfect companion for a passionate writer or calligrapher. We strive to create them beautiful and comfortable.
For this reason, we listen to our customers’ habits and preferences whe nusing a pen to help us provide the perfect writing tool for a particular hand.
The Man Behind the Process
Each pen is designed and crafted by my father – Ivo Daskalov.